Re: [O] Schedule event

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] Schedule event
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 21:42:56 +0200

Hi Seb,

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Sebastien Vauban
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Suvayu,
>
> suvayu ali wrote:
>>>
>>> FWIW, my instinctive reaction would be: yes, great!  Maybe that clarifies
>>> the bits around dates: all active dates get keywords, only inactive ones
>>> are without any keyword.
>>
>> Yes, this would be a nice addition. I always find it difficult to decide how
>> to put regular timestamps too.
>
> By regular timestamps, you mean: inactive timestamps? Can you, maybe, comment
> on what makes the decision difficult?

I meant active timestamps. I'll give you an example of a dilemma.

* Timestamp in headline <2011-08-06 Sat>
  For long headlines, this becomes really ugly.

* Timestamp below headline
  <2011-08-06 Sat>

  Problem with this is, I can't use fill paragraph otherwise it gets
  wrapped with the timestamp. The solution is to have a blank line in
  between.

As you see, my reasons are mostly about personal preference and
aesthetics.

> Sebastien Vauban

Cheers,

--