Re: [O] Unicode and Latex export

From: Florian Beck
Subject: Re: [O] Unicode and Latex export
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 18:33:26 +0200

suvayu ali <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Christopher,
>
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Christopher Witte <address@hidden> wrote:
>> You could try using XeLaTeX, which supports unicode.  Instructions for
>> setting it up with org-mode are here
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#using-xelatex-for-pdf-export
>>

> My lisp is not very good, but what is the need for such an extensive
> setup? Isn't setting org-latex-to-pdf-process to xelatex enough to
> switch packends?

It is, more or less. XeLaTeX needs a different header, that is what the
instructions set up. However, I would recommend keeping it simple and
put your packages etc in your own style file.

In `org-export-latex-classes', replace

         "\\documentclass[11pt]{article}"

with

         "[NO-DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
         \\documentclass[11pt]{article}\n\\usepackage{myxe}"

and put everything you need in myxe.sty.

BTW, this only works if you use a font that provides all the characters
you need (and looks nice enough for your taste). Alternatively, you could
use `org-export-latex-final-hook' and write a function that translates
unicode characters to latex code.

--
Florian Beck