Re: [O] [odt] User-visible improvements

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] [odt] User-visible improvements
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:05:05 +0530

> I am not sure I understand why we need `org-lparse-convert-process'
> and `org-lparse-convert-processes' -- isn't it possible to just have
> the first one, while listing the choices within this option?

I need a radio-table of an (a)list with a simultaneous ability to modify
radio-table entries.

Do you know how to accomplish that with defcustom?

>> 3. Make C-c C-e O export directly to your preferred output format
>>    (doc?). Use
>>
>>    M-x customize-variable RET org-export-odt-preferred-output-format RET
>>
>>    (But review items 1 and 2 before doing this)
>
> I use unoconv.
>
> Can you give me an example configuration if I want C-c C-e O to output
> files directly in, say, .doc (MS Word) format?

Set org-lparse-convert-process to unoconv (through the custom
interface).

Set org-export-odt-preferred-output-format to doc.

If I have got the commandline for unoconv wrong then you need to edit
it's entry in org-lparse-convert-processes.

I think unoconv requires that you start a converter process and have the
converter client connect to it. Please make sure that the conversion
happens just fine on the command line before using the
org-lparse(-convert)? commands.

BasicODConverter doesn't rely on a server process so it's plug and play.