Re: [O] missing todo's in agenda after emacs/org upgrade

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] missing todo's in agenda after emacs/org upgrade
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:05:15 +0200

On Aug 19, 2011, at 12:35 PM, Peter Frings wrote:

> Hello Carsten,
>

> On 19 Aug 2011, at 11:59, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>
>> The two main issues you are having are these:
>>
>> 1. There is no simple way for beginners to get both TODO and agenda in one
>> view
>> 2. Moving through time does not work in a block view when the cursor is in
>> the TODO list.
>
> A third one would be the docstring of org-agenda-include-all-todo set,
> suggesting that it still works. If there is no intention to revive it, I’d
> suggest to simply remove the entire variable.
>
> About issue 1, there could be a standard, ready-for-use custom command. But
> don’t bother if I’m the only one that finds it convenient.
>
> Fixing 2 would be great. Maybe there are other keystrokes that can be
> delegated to other blocks (e.g. in order of appearance) if the
> currently-focussed block doesn’t handle them?

The reason why this would be confusing is that there might be
several blocks which accept a particular command, so it would
be unclear for the code how to select one, and even more
difficult for the user to have an intuitive feeling on what was
changed why....

If you follow my proposal to have the agenda first and the TODO
items second, the worst that can happen is that you have to move
to the beginning of the buffer, which is a single key stroke.
Maybe you can try - my feeling is that after a short
adaptation period you will find this entirely acceptable.

- Carsten

> Cheers,
> Peter.
> --
> c++;         // this makes c bigger but returns the old value

- Carsten