Re: [O] ditaa

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] ditaa
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 07:30:02 -0600

Henri-Paul Indiogine <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings!
>
> This is from my .emacs
>
> (org-babel-do-load-languages
>  'org-babel-load-languages
>  '((R . t)
>    (ditaa . t)
> (defun my-org-confirm-babel-evaluate (lang body)
>   (not (string= lang "ditaa")))  ; don't ask for ditaa
> (setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate 'my-org-confirm-babel-evaluate)
>

> This is what I obtain in the exported tex file:
>
> \hyperref[home-henk-Dropbox-dissertation-work-flow.png]{file:/home/henk/Dropbox/dissertation/work-flow.png}

When I export the following simple ditaa block

#+begin_src ditaa :file work-flow.png
    +-------+             +--------+
    |       |             |        |
    | Org   |------------>| Tex    |
    |       |             |        |
    +-------+             +--------+
#+end_src

I get the following in the resulting .tex file.

\includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{work-flow.png}

Are you using the most recent version of Org-mode?  Perhaps try starting
up Emacs with a minimal configuration using the -Q flag to the emacs
executable, and see if the problem persists.  If not it is caused by
something else in your configuration.

> The ditaa code is between these lines:
>
> #+CAPTION: Research work flow
> #+LABEL: fig:workflow
> #+begin_src ditaa :file /home/henk/Dropbox/dissertation/work-flow.png
> :cmdline -r -s 1.0
> #+end_src
>
> If I execute the code (C-c C-c) I obtain the following:
>
> ditaa version 0.9, Copyright (C) 2004--2009  Efstathios (Stathis) Sideris
>
> Running with options:
> round-corners
> scale = 1.0
> Reading file: /tmp/babel-4681Hni/ditaa-46811gs
> Locale: en_CA
> Dialog.bold
> Rendering to file: /home/henk/Dropbox/dissertation/work-flow.png
> Done in 5sec
>
> The png file is created.  The only issue is the faulty tex code that
> is generated.

Is the previous text inserted into your org-mode buffer?  If so then
that is certainly wrong, the only thing inserted into the org buffer as
results should be a file link to the resulting image.

> I have also noticed that the editing of the org file sometimes slows
> down considerably.  Maybe it has nothing to do with it, but it
> happened after I started using ditaa.  I am wondering about using TikZ
> instead.

This could be due to the `org-src-fontify-natively', try setting this
variable to nil and see if the problem persists.

On a side note (and personal preference) I would highly recommend using
TikZ for LaTeX documents as the finished product seamlessly integrates
with the rest of the document and scales nicely from posted to post-card
printings.

Best -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte