Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core

From: Štěpán Němec
Subject: Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:50:02 +0200

[As most people here apparently consider Jambunathan's communication
style acceptable, there is little point for me to continue replying in
this thread, but I really couldn't resist in this case, sorry.]

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:30:54 +0200
Allen S. Rout wrote:

> Jambunathan is abrupt and speaks without much concern for the feelings of the
> recipients of his messages.  He has great concern for the exact meaning of his
> words, and for being technically correct.   This makes him an extremely
> uncomfortable conversational partner, and an extremely rewarding
> collaborator.

I'm (sincerely) glad you have some positive experience to share, but
you're really being much too generous with regard to this thread.

Utterances like

"I am willing to overlook the fact that he seriously pissed me off
with unkind words and committed a greater faux paus by inviting Lennart
Borgman in to merge discussions."

or

"When I criticized him he is labelling me insulting, patronizing and
frustrated. Seriously to how low a level this person has to go."

(and many others, as well as the general "everybody except me is an
idiot" spirit permeating many of Jambunathan's e-mails)

have nothing to do with "concern for the exact meaning" of anything.
Such words are not even condescending. They're just insane and for me
personally disqualify their originator from any possible collaboration
until he comes to his senses again _precisely_ because I value not only
basic civity, but also rationality and exactness.

--
Štěpán