Re: [O] git diff: hunk header config

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] git diff: hunk header config
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 21:37:50 +0200

Michael Brand <address@hidden> writes:
> For .git/config I am not sure if it can be made a versioned git repo
> element. If not, I don't know how it can become part of the transfer
> during git pull which it should be in any case. Proposal for the
> content (changed from first post):

You can't and I don't think that is an oversight.  As a general
principle such configurations should not be part of the repository at
all.  Please note that if you do configure it that way locally, all
tools in git will show all diffs in the new format, so there is nothing
lost if everybody doesn't have the same configuration.

Regards,
Achim.