Re: [O] org->odt/html table export: adjusting default behaviour?

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] org->odt/html table export: adjusting default behaviour?
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 03:31:26 +0530

Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:

> The attached test file shows  an org file with tables whose columns
> include substantial amounts of text.  The default export to odt is
> pretty ugly in this case, and even in html (where things work to some
> extent) I would rather be able to control to some extent the way that
> long fields wrap.  is there a recommended way to do set values like
> table and column width for these two exports? I guess I am
> particularly concerned with the odt export -- can I e.g. adjust a
> default value somewhere in the styles.xml file? I doubt the problem
> will be easily solved but if someone can point me in the right
> direction I'd really appreciate it.

If you are creating big tables a better alternative would be to create
ods/xls spreadsheets from Orgmode tables. So

1. Export the table to csv format using M-x org-table-export RET etc etc
2. C-x C-f test.csv
3. C-u M-x org-lparse-convert RET

4. When prompted for output format use TAB for completion to see the
   available formats. Pick ods or xls. (Hint: For a superior completion
   experience enable ido mode)

5. You will see the ods file opening up automagically under writer. (If
   you have not used C-u in step 4, only conversion will happen. The
   resulting file will not be opened)

Jambunathan K.