[O] [Babel] Preserving tabs in code blocks

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [O] [Babel] Preserving tabs in code blocks
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:13:21 -0400

Hi all,

I want to include the contents of a file which requires TABS between
fields in a #+begin_src ... #+end_src block.

When I use C-c ' to edit the block the TABS are all converted back to
spaces.  I want to be able to tangle the file and preserve the TABS
which are required as input to some tool chain.

Is there some mode I can use to preserve the TABS?

For example:

#+begin_src fundamental :tangle testtabs.txt
These   words
are     separated
by      tabs.
#+end_src

I need to be able to create the testtabs.txt file with the TAB
characters intact otherwise it fails as input to the tool chain (which I
have no control over).

Is there any way to do this?

For now I'm keeping the input in a separate file, but I would much
prefer to have it in a babel source block in my notes for future
reference.

Thanks,
Bernt