Re: [O] C-c '

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] C-c '
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:23:07 -0400

Henri-Paul Indiogine <address@hidden> writes:

> Greetings!
>
> I noticed something strange when I edit a block of source code using C-c '.
>
> Each time I close the editor, using C-c '  the code block shift 2
> places to the right.  That is, 2 black spaces are added at the
> beginning of each line.  Each time I edit a code block this happens
> again.  So, each time I edit a code block the code shifts to the right
> more and more.
>
> I waste a lot of time getting rid of these empty spaces.  Yes, I can
> use a emacs macro, but still ..
>
> Am I missing something?

Hi Henri-Paul,

It's not supposed to do that.  It is supposed to indent by 2 spaces and
then remove those 2 spaces in C-c ' again.

There's a variable (that I just found out about yesterday -- Thanks
Nick!) which will turn this indentation off completely.

Try setting

(setq org-src-preserve-indentation t)

and see if that helps.

Please provide details of your org mode version (M-x org-version RET)
and emacs version (M-x emacs-version RET)

Regards,
Bernt