[O] time-up/down in org-agenda-sorting-strategy seems to have no effect?

From: Richard Lawrence
Subject: [O] time-up/down in org-agenda-sorting-strategy seems to have no effect?
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 16:05:50 -0700

Hi everyone,

I've just started using custom agenda views in earnest, and I would like
to be able to control how several custom views are sorted.  I have tried
to set org-agenda-sorting-strategy to reflect what I want, but it seems
to have no effect on how items are sorted.  I'm wondering if I'm missing
something.

Specifically, I see no difference in how the items in todo, tags, and
tags-todo agenda views are sorted when I set time-down or time-up as the
first (or only) sorting criterion.  (tag-up/down and category-up/down
seem to work alright; I haven't tested the other sorting criteria.)

Here's how I'm expressing the setup I want:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setq org-agenda-sorting-strategy
       '((agenda habit-down time-up priority-down category-keep)
         (todo time-down priority-down category-keep)
         (tags time-down priority-down category-keep)
         (search time-up priority-down todo-state-up)))

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
      '(("r" "Reading list" tags-todo "+reading")
        ("S" . "STUDY context searches")
        ("Sf" todo "FIND")
        ("Sp" todo "PRINT")
        ("Sr" todo "READ")
        ("Sn" todo "NOTES")
        ("St" tags-todo "+STUDY")
        ("D" tags-todo "+COMPUTER")
        ("H" tags-todo "+HOME")
        ("E" tags-todo "+ERRAND")
        ("F" tags "+FREETIME")))
#+END_SRC

Any insight you can provide will be very much appreciated.  Thanks!

Best,
Richard Lawrence