Re: [O] Beamer export: Are handout notes possible?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer export: Are handout notes possible?
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 09:07:34 +0100

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a big fan of the LaTeX beamer export.  However, now I've hit a
> problem that I don't know how to solve.
>
> In plain LaTeX beamer, every text I write between \begin{frame}
> ... \end{frame} is of course not in a frame but will be there if I
> compile the tex file in beamer's handout mode.  That's very convenient
> for putting notes there that you want to mention only in the "audio
> track" of a presentation.

Tassilo,

I assume you meant "between \end{frame} ... \begin{frame}"?

In any case, I think this will be very difficult to do directly, due to
the reason you have already noted: org is an outliner at its heart!

Instead, you could consider using \note{}s (search list as there was a
discussion about these a while back).  You can create notes for a given
slide easily enough:

#+begin_src org
* A slide
  - one item
  - another item

#+latex: \note{%
  - something to tell the audience or
  - make sure to point out some important point
  - whatever you want to put in notes basically...
#+latex: }

* Another slide
  - an item
  - yet another
#+end_src org

and then generate documents without notes, with slides and notes and
with notes alone.  Quite powerful but may not be necessarily what you
wanted...

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.257.g0dd1)