Re: [O] [babel] Collection of code block snippets

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Collection of code block snippets
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 19:34:49 +0100

Hi Eric

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Martyn,
>

>> I have written a few more tests for inline source blocks execution with
>> org-ctrl-c-ctrl-c (not extensive by any means).
>
> Thanks for adding these tests, I get 6 failures all with the same error
> [1], is that intentional?  If not would you mind taking another look at
> this patch?
>
>> The last two [:results scaler] and [:results verbatim] surprised me
>> slightly since the manual suggests to me that they would be identical
>> (although verbatim does what I would expect).
>>
>> ,----
>> |  - scalar, verbatim The results should be interpreted literally—they
>> |    will not be converted into a table. The results will be inserted into
>> |    the Org-mode buffer as quoted text. E.g., :results value verbatim.
>> `----
>>
>> src_src_emacs-lisp[ :results scalar ]{ \"x\" } =x=
>> src_src_emacs-lisp[ :results verbatim ]{ \"x\" } ="x"=
>
> interesting, I get the same results for both scalar and verbatim...

Yes my bad - I have a problem with the spelling of scalar - they are the
same here now.

>   src_emacs-lisp[ :results scalar ]{ "x" } ="x"=
>   src_emacs-lisp[ :results verbatim ]{ "x" } ="x"=
>
> Notice that I had to edit your pasted example for it to run w/o error on
> my system.

Apologies, my hasty cut/pasting from tests to gnus.

The only way I can generate any failures is by using your "older"
command line script - even using your selector "\\(org\\|ob\\)" passes
everything here. Interestingly, using my test-init.el based script with
Emacs -batch -Q produces no errors either. I'll investigate further.

Best, Martyn