Re: [O] ODT image export

From: Tom Prince
Subject: Re: [O] ODT image export
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 11:39:33 -0400

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 20:11:29 +0530, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:
> Does your plotter - R, gnuplot or whatever - support SVG. I see that
> LibreOffice-3.4 (which I have locally installed) supports embedding of
> SVG images. These SVG images are actually embedded as SVM files in the
> exported ODT file. Using BasicODConverter (which uses UNO APIs) SVG->SVM
> creation is a no-brainer. But my little experimentation suggests that
> the SVG images might have to be cropped. But in the long run, working
> with SVG files will probably be a winner.
>
> For now, you may want to export Tikz->Pdf->High Resolution PNG using
> Image Magick. Hint: Search this list.

I don't know how it would interact with R/gunplot/etc... But I have
hacked my local copy of org-mode to use pdflatex+preview+pdf2svg instead
of latex and dvipng for turning latex blocks into images. I haven't got
around to submitting it, since there should really be some refactoring
of the image handling code to deal with it.

  Tom