Re: [O] [beamer] source code in two column

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] [beamer] source code in two column
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:19:31 +0100

zwz <address@hidden> writes:

> I use org to make presentations for C class.
> Sometimes the code is quite long. And I want to arrange it in two column
> so that it will be presented in one slide.
>
> I wonder how to do it easily using org-export.
> My current setting just hides the code that beyond the page in one
> column.
>
> Best regards,
> zwz

I cannot help you directly in that I don't know how to /flow/ text (or
code) from one column to the next.  I don't think it is actually
possible in beamer.

However, it *is* straightforward to flow text from one slide to the next
by simply adding =allowframebreaks= to the beamer environment
arguments.  For instance,

#+begin_src org
*** Code example
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_envargs: [allowframebreaks]
    :END:
#+LATEX: {\scriptsize
#+begin_example
   <code goes here>
#+end_example
#+LATEX: }
#+end_src

The slides will automatically be numbered using roman numerals should
more than one slide (aka frame in beamer speak) be required.

I use latex directives to make the font a little smaller to ensure that
lines with within the slide width-wise.

HTH,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.315.g20e6)