Re: [O] how to both :body-only t and :table-of-contents t

From: G. Jay Kerns
Subject: Re: [O] how to both :body-only t and :table-of-contents t
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 07:32:56 -0400

Dear Jan

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 3:51 AM, Jan Böcker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Jay,
>
> I faced the same problem about a year ago.
> See this thread in the mailing list archive:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/24227
>
> The HTML exporter will refuse to include a TOC if body-only is t; the
> atom exporter and a "send HTML messages with Wanderlust" hack relied on
> that behaviour, which is why this was not changed in the official Org
> repository.
>
> You can either apply the one-line patch I included in the linked thread
> or ask Ian Barton about his solution using jQuery he mentioned at the
> end of that thread.
>
> HTH,
>  Jan

Thanks; I was afraid it was going to be something like that, and am
appreciative that I don't need to reinvent this particular wheel.  My
previous workaround was to export once with TOC, copy-paste the TOC
bit to the org-file in a #+BEGIN_HTML block, then export again with
:body-only t.  But each run takes a couple of hours (another question
for another day), which is a pain, and not convenient should the
document structure change.

I noticed in the thread that Carsten mentioned writing a "hook" that
strips the other stuff.  Don't have much experience writing hooks, but
there should be a way to write a custom publishing function just like
the current one which strips everything but the TOC.  I'll use your
patch while I continue thinking about it.

Thanks again.
Jay