Re: [O] [babel] Multiple results blocks for the same source code

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Multiple results blocks for the same source code
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 23:44:06 +0200

Hi Eric,

Eric Schulte wrote:
> I could not reproduce the error you describe, and your test case passes
> for me.  I have added your test case to testing/test-ob.el however so it
> should protect from this error in the future.

I can't reproduce it anymore right now. But the goal was to have a fuse
against that for the future, yes.

> You could try running the test suite in batch mode (which will not load
> your configuration) and see if the test still fails for you.  If not
> then the problem is probably due to either something in your config.

When I get back in a "broken" config such as the one described here, I'll do
it.

> Thanks for the test case! -- Eric
>
> ps. the only comments I have on the test itself are
>     1. The initial placement of the point is described in the
>        documentation string for the `org-test-with-temp-text' function

That's very clear, yes, but for the case where we don't have the string
"<point>" in the initial text. Is point at the end of the string, then?  I
guess so.

But my question was more about...

>>     (org-babel-execute-src-block) ;; second code block execution
>>     ;; where is point (supposed to be)?

... the position of point after `org-babel-execute-src-block'.

>     2. In the future if you could share new test cases as patches to the
>        relevant test file (i.e., using git format-patch) that would be
>        ideal

That was my intention, after receiving a "nihil obstat" from you, or some
suggestions for changes.

Anyway, next time, I'll directly send a properly formatted patch.

Thanks.

Best regards,
  Seb

--