Re: [O] would take more than an org-mode strip-down.

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] would take more than an org-mode strip-down.
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:08:45 +0530

This is a quote from Richard Stallman's speech & article.

,---- From http://www.gnu.org/gnu/rms-lisp.html
| Multics Emacs proved to be a great success — programming new editing
| commands was so convenient that even the secretaries in his office
| started learning how to use it. They used a manual someone had written
| which showed how to extend Emacs, but didn't say it was a
| programming. So the secretaries, who believed they couldn't do
| programming, weren't scared off. They read the manual, discovered they
| could do useful things and they learned to program.
`----

Secretaries were able to embrace Emacs only because they didn't fear it
in the first place. May be they were a bit curious as well.

Remember, the secrataries referred to in this article are secretaries
who ran in to Geekiest of Geeks day in and day out in the years when
computers were even unheard of by the common masses.

Only words I can say to James Levine is this:

1. Have no fear. Be curious. Emacs is easy to learn and use.
2. Have no fear. Be curious. Orgmode is  easy to learn and use.

Both Emacs and Orgmode will make you *MORE* thoughtful. I wouldn't
hesitate to add this thoughtful men make the world a better place for
themselves and others.

That said, I would say discard Orgmode. Use pen and paper. Use notice
boards - much like the modern whiteboards or the ancient blackboards -
to exchange notes with your workers.

Go with what works for you.

Jambunathan K.