Re: [O] [contacts] No completion in Gnus

From: Thorsten
Subject: Re: [O] [contacts] No completion in Gnus
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 17:20:29 +0200

Achim Gratz <address@hidden> writes:

> The current release version for Emacs is 23.3.
>
> I've switched to Emacs24 about half a year ago (they are just now going
> into pre-test, so things should stabilize) and it has been smooth
> sailing for me, but I'd recommend to keep the 23.3 version around as a
> fallback.  There are quite a few changes vs. Emacs23 that you may have
> to think about, read the NEWS file.  I've compiled Emacs24 myself (from
> Git), most pre-compiled packages represent a much older state from the
> beginning of this year.  I've backed out a dodgy change once or twice
> and this is so much easier to do in Git; even though there would have
> been other workarounds.

Since I always expect unexpected things to happen when upgrading, I
would rather go directly to Emacs 24 when its more or less stable
already - and thats what it seems to be.

I might use the opportunity to change from 32bit to 64bit, from Ubuntu
to Arch Linux (which looks good) and from Gnome to Stump-WM. That looks
like a nice combination to me.

Cheers
--
Thorsten