Re: [O] [babel] Should babel be more error intolerant?

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Should babel be more error intolerant?
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 11:02:10 +0200

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 12:47 AM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:

>> As a side note of this, I wonder if babel could use the same/similar
>>way like the TODO field in org-mode to switch between all possible
>>parameters for a certain code block?  I learned, different code blocks
>>can have quite different possible parameters. A bit difficult to
>>remember esp., if you don't use them on a daily basis.  If one could
>>place the pointer to e.g., the :results keyword and hit C-c C-t to
>>switch between all possibilities for the :exports keyword for this
>>particular source code block, it would greatly simply the usage and
>>reduce errors. Parameters which require additional user input like
>>file names could indicate this (like in the manual) by indicating it
>>within brackets e.g., <filename>.
>>

> This is a very good idea and shouldn't be too difficult to implement for
> all of those header arguments which are common across all languages.
> I'll place this on my todo list...

I've just pushed up a simple implementation of the above.  The new
function `org-babel-insert-header-arg' bound to C-c C-v j will insert a
header argument and its value using completing read in the minibuffer.

Just looked into it briefly, and it looks brilliant. Will let you know if I encounter problems.

Thanks,

Rainer

I'm sure the current functionality has room for improvement but it seems
to work well in my initial tests.

Let me know what you think.

Best -- Eric

Stellenbosch University