Re: [O] Ways to make org feasible for huge files

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [O] Ways to make org feasible for huge files
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:52:21 -0500

Wow.. this worked Torsten. Thank you. I wonder why this happens...

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

On 10/13/2011 09:54 AM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:
f 10 emacs crashes because of that.

What could I do to make it faster? I'm willing to disable fancy rendering
features if needed, but I'm loosing way too much time with the rendering
issues and crashes.

Just by chance, are you running linum-mode (line numbers in a small column at the left side of the buffer?
I noticed this does not work well with org-mode. I had a file with a few thousand lines and folding took ages.
Switching the linum-mode off and folding was again instantly.

Maybe this helps

Totti