Re: [O] property values and timestamps

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] property values and timestamps
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 01:50:03 -0400

Skip Collins <address@hidden> wrote:

> I store a timestamp in a property. I create the property by
> typing
> C-c C-x p
> and then entering the property name, say BIRTHDAY. Then I
> have to enter the date manually.
>
> It would be nice if
> C-c !
> and other timestamp creation commands were available in
> the minibuffer when entering property values.

They cannot be: org-time-stamp-inactive uses the minibuffer, and calling
a function that uses the minibuffer *from* the minibuffer (as
org-set-property would do) make emacs unhappy. You might be able to get
away with a simpler function that inserts e.g. the current timestamp
without asking the user any questions, but you cannot have the full
generality of C-c !

Nick