Re: [O] Recursive org-agenda-files

From: Neilen Marais
Subject: Re: [O] Recursive org-agenda-files
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 18:53:32 +0000 (UTC)

Matthew,

Matthew Sauer <improv.philosophy <at> gmail.com> writes:

> My understanding is that you want a file that gets moved into the
> active directory to be automatically included in the agenda?
> From worg:
> You can simply include the directory (as one of the items) in the
> value of the variable org-agenda-files:
>
> (setq org-agenda-files '("/my/special/path/org/active/"))

Thanks for the suggestion. Tried it already and found that it is unfortunately
not recursive. I tend to make directories with projects under the active
directory, then put the org file and supporting files in the directory. E.g.

active/proj1/proj1.org
active/prof1/info.pdf

etc

What's nice about this is that my project notes, todos and support files are
close to each other. Also, I can simply use the dired listing of the active dir
as my "active projects list" in GTD parlance :)
>  Not that playing with agenda hooks might have some advantages.

I have indeed cooked up a hooky solution that should have hit the list by the
time you read this :)

Cheers
Neilen