Re: [O] How to get numbered lists (1), (2), … ?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] How to get numbered lists (1), (2), … ?
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 15:14:54 +0100

> On 14.10.2011, at 13:31, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

[...]

>>  I have nothing against (1) as item bullets, as it doesn't interfere
>>  with any existing Org syntax.
>
> That is not the only criterion.  Adding new syntax elements make more
> ASCII sequences special.  The Org markup is a heuristic set of
> special elements, and there is merrit in keeping it small.  We already
> have more bullets and in particular numbered types - and so far
> I have not seen a compelling reason to add more.
>
> - Carsten

I am in the "keep it simple school".  So long as org allows me to
distinguish between numbered and unnumbered itemised lists, I am
happy.  I actually would prefer less choices than there are currently
because I would like to get to my choice more quickly when I do use
C-c - to change the type!

To me, org is about information and time management, not about
formatting.  YMMV, of course!

To be blunt, I would be happy with "-" and "1." in org, knowing that I
can customise upon export if necessary!  I'm not suggesting we go this
far, however ;-)

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1
: using Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.381.g05ea)