Re: [O] org-odt: turning off section numbering does not work

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] org-odt: turning off section numbering does not work
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 17:35:11 +0530

Hello Christian

Christian Moe <address@hidden> writes:

> That probably explains it, then.
>
> But, uh, can I borrow this thread for a moment?
>
> I find custom styles in ODT export aren't working as per the manual,
> section 12.8.2. Here's what I've done (test files attached; Emacs
> 23.3.1; Org 7.7, freshly pulled):
>
> 1. Exported test-odt.org to ODT with default settings.
> 2. In OpenOffice: Changed the Heading 1 style in the exported ODT
> document to red, then saved it as styles.odt.

When you are generating such a custom styles file for templating
purposes, it is highly desirable that H:10 num:t be option used. This is
because the Org's odt exporter expects that the default styles file has
outline numbering turned on for all levels (Number 10 above being the
max outline levels in styles.xml)

If this assumption is violated - ie if the template file is generated
with num:nil (which is the case with the styles file circulated by you)
- then subsequently changing the

will continue to produce the unnumbered headings contrary to the
expectations.

I believe the above restriction is not overly restrictive.

> 3. Pointed org-export-odt-styles-file to styles.odt.
> 4. Exported test-odt.org to test-odt.odt. Result: no headings at all
> -- everything's in the Default style.
>
> This is how I understand the manual, and the thread I referenced
> before, and I remember having tested it before at some point when it
> worked perfectly, so I'm rubbing my eyes and wondering if it's just
> me. Could I ask someone to please check?

I have pushed a fix for this moment ago. Hope things are OK with your
setup.

Jambunathan K.