Re: [O] Recurring events with exceptions

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Recurring events with exceptions
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 13:26:39 -0400

Karl Voit <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am into a process to write a convert tool from my old calendar
> software[1] to Org-mode.
>
> Now I do have to define something like »this event is recurring each
> week on Wednesday except 2011-10-26 and 2011-11-30«.
>
> I already know that complex things have to be done using sexp
> entries[2] but this does not seem to be possible with sexp either.

Why not? All you have to do is explicitly exclude the two
dates. Something like this (lightly tested) should work.  (NB: Wednesday
= 3 and calendar/diary wants dates as 3-element lists in the form (month
day year)):

%%(let ((dayname (calendar-day-of-week date)))
        (and (= dayname 3)
             (not (calendar-date-equal date '(10 26 2011)))
             (not (calendar-date-equal date '(11 30 2011)))))

I added this to .diary, did M-x calendar RET and marked the entries
with m: seems to work fine.

Nick