Re: [O] [ANN] BREAKING CHANGE -- removing #+BABEL file-wide property lin

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] BREAKING CHANGE -- removing #+BABEL file-wide property lines
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:06:36 -0400

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have just pushed up a change to the Org-mode git repository which
> removes support for #+BABEL lines.  Please use the more general
> #+PROPERTIES lines instead.

Coming late to the dance - sorry. I think that's very confusing.
"Property" is an overloaded term in org: we now have the :PROPERTIES:
drawer, the #+PROPERTY line and the #+PROPERTIES line (singular and
plural forms are already pretty bad).  Also, there is the general
concept of properties (the stuff that the property API applies to).

Unless there is an underlying unity of which I'm unaware, I'd strongly
suggest another term - perhaps CODE_BLOCK_HEADER_ARGUMENTS (plus
an easy-template for easy insertion).

Nick