Re: [O] [ANN] BREAKING CHANGE -- removing #+BABEL file-wide property lin

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] BREAKING CHANGE -- removing #+BABEL file-wide property lines
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:57:35 -0400

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:

> I just have one question, as I'm puzzled by the lack of `:' in front of the
> "properties": how do we distinguish the argument "value" from the argument
> "name"?
>
> For example, how do we translate, in the new syntax,
>
> #+BABEL:    :results output code append
>
> (where `:results' is the "name", and `output', `code' and `append' are
> "values")?

#+PROPERTY: results output code append

See the aforementioned sec. 7.1 of the manual. Equivalently,

* foo
  :PROPERTIES:
  :results: output code append
  :END:

That's a consequence of the property syntax. On the code block
header line however, you have to have some purely syntactic
marker to distinguish properties from their values, hence

#+begin_src foo :results output code append :exports both

The trick is to think of the colon as a delimited (like a comma)
not as a part of the property name.

Nick