Re: [O] Patch for bug in adjusting time ranges in Agenda

From: Niels Giesen
Subject: Re: [O] Patch for bug in adjusting time ranges in Agenda
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 11:49:30 +0200

> On 21.10.2011, at 10:54, Christian Egli wrote:
>
>> Hi Carsten
>>
>> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I have just checked in a slightly modified patch.
>>
>> I think there is a problem with this checkin. The variable
>> org-agenda-move-date-from-past-immediately-to-today is not defined.
>> Should this be a defcustom somewhere?
>
> Yes, I forgot to put that in.  Done now.

Hmm. Found another bug, which presumably existed with my original patch
too:

#+begin_example
  Week-agenda (W42):
  Monday     17 October 2011 W42
    org:        Scheduled:  finish plugin
    org:        (1/3):  finish plugin
  Tuesday    18 October 2011
    org:        (2/3):  finish plugin
  Wednesday  19 October 2011
    org:        (3/3):  finish plugin
  Thursday   20 October 2011
  Friday     21 October 2011
  Saturday   22 October 2011
    org:        Sched. 6x:  finish plugin
  Sunday     23 October 2011
#+end_example

When on the line
: org:        Scheduled:  finish plugin
or on the line
: org:        Sched. 6x:  finish plugin

`org-agenda-later' doesn't work properly. This is because org-marker is
at the beginning of the timestamp at these kind of entries, not the end.

This causes both `org-at-date-range-p' to return nil and (presuming it
did return t) the re-search-backward code to fail.

On the other entries (the 1/3, 2/3 and 3/3 lines) shifting the date does
work, as the marker is at the end of the date range.

I am not sure as to the proper course of action here:

1. should the initial marker point to the end of the date range?
2. should `org-at-date-range-p' return t too at the beginning of a date range?
3. should `org-date-later' handle the case where the marker is at the
   beginning of a date range itself?

--
http://pft.github.com/