Re: [O] org-ruby 0.6 released; project needs new maintainer

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] org-ruby 0.6 released; project needs new maintainer
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:17:56 +0200

Hi Brian,

Brian Dewey <address@hidden> writes:

> I just released version 0.6.0 of the org-ruby gem. This native Ruby
> gem can convert org-mode files into HTML, which is useful in web
> services where you don't want to run a version of Emacs for
> conversion. For example, this gem is used on GitHub to render .org
> for readme files or wiki pages.

So *you* are the one we need to thank for this use of Org within
github?  Thanks :)

> At this point, I also want to put a call out to the org community for
> someone to take over maintenance of this gem. I no longer use org
> files (long story), so working on this code no longer fits into my
> daily tasks. Is there anybody with both Org and Ruby experience who
> wants to run with this project?

I don't speak ruby and can't help here.

The first thing is to advertize org-ruby here:
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tools/index.html

Can you provide a patch against this org file?
http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git/blob_plain/HEAD:/org-tools/index.org

Make it clear that org-ruby is looking for a maintainer.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien