Re: [O] table alignment failed for Asian characters

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] table alignment failed for Asian characters
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:46:32 +0200

On Oct 27, 2011, at 3:26 PM, Torsten Wagner wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> On Oct 27, 2011, at 1:33 PM, Torsten Wagner wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> just noticed, that the table alignment fails if I use Asian
>> characters
>>> within the table. Guess this has nothing to do with the table itself
>>> but rather something with the different spacing of different
>> character
>>> sets.
>>> Maybe someone had a similar problem already and know how to solve
>> this.
>>
>> If you are wondering if this question has come up before, why don't you
>> try the FAQ?
> Hehe I could simply say I like so much to talk to the org family.... but
> indeed I simply forgot about it. Well the FAQ tells me what I thought
> already. I will post here a specific solution for Japanese and it might be
> added to the FAQ later. Maybe others can contribute to add Chinese, Korean
> and other languages.

That would be great, and updating thee FAQ with more detailed information will
be even better.

I think if you search the mailing list, there is some info there already:

http://search.gmane.org/?query=table+align+chinese&author=&group=gmane.emacs.orgmode&sort=relevance&DEFAULTOP=and&xP=Zasian%09Ztabl&xFILTERS=Gemacs.orgmode---A

- Carsten

> Thanks
>
> Torsten