Re: [O] Feature Request: Disable auto-insert-mode exporting

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Feature Request: Disable auto-insert-mode exporting
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 17:03:55 -0400

Darlan Cavalcante Moreira <address@hidden> wrote:

> I consider auto-insert-mode to be a very useful feature in Emacs and it
> works great in most situations, except when exporting an org-mode buffer.
>
> If I export to PDF or HTML, for instance, then org-mode creates a TeX or an
> HTML buffer and auto-insert kicks-in in both cases (asking for the title in
> the HTML buffer, or the master file in the TeX buffer). Whatever I write
> will be overwritten by the org-mode exporter and the file exports just
> fine, but this interruption is annoying.

I don't think the master file question comes from auto-insert - I believe
it comes from auctex. In particular, I get the question but I don't have
auto-insert enabled for latex.

> I suppose I could create a function that disable auto-insert-mode, call
> org-export and then re-enable auto-insert-mode, but maybe this should be
> the default behaviour of org-mode export. Does this make sense?

You can advise org-export:

(defadvice org-export (around org-export-no-auto-insert)
  (let ((auto-insert nil))
    ad-do-it))

(ad-activate 'org-export)

should do it (untested).