Re: [O] Problem after updating org: C-c a a broken

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Problem after updating org: C-c a a broken
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 23:11:44 +0200

Hi Nick and Markus,

Nick Dokos wrote:
> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Markus Heller <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> > Hm, so ok, restarting emacs actually solved it.
>> >
>> > Kinda weird, because I never had to do this when updating org (I don't
>> > compile the sources, I just do C-c C-x !).
>> >
>> > Seems a bit odd to me but it's working again so I'm happy :)
>> >
>> > I apologize for the noise.
>>
>> Did you try M-x org-reload RET? That should work but sometimes it misses
>> something (but if it does, that would be a bug of course, so report it).
>
> nm - I missed the C-c C-x !

I don't think org-reload is fully bullet-proof. I think it misses changes in
defvars, deffaces, and the like: once set, if the default is changed, it's not
updated by reloading the files.

Now, in 99.999% of the cases, that should not be a problem. But to be really
safe...

Last thing, how is this problem solved by a restart of Emacs and not by a
reload, not sure we can easily understand.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban