Re: [O] org-mobile-push problem

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [O] org-mobile-push problem
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:05:13 +0100

Am 03.11.2011 um 01:36 schrieb Nick Dokos:

> address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> org-eval-in-environment is a macro defined in org-macs.el and macros
>>> sometimes cause problems with compiled code unless some care is taken.
>>> With uncompiled code, you just have to make sure that the macro
>>> definition is loaded, before you do the org-mobile-push: just add
>>>
>>> (require 'org-macs)
>>>
>>> after you load org in your .emacs (or wherever).
>>>
>>> Afaict, it is not called directly from org-mobile-push, but the agenda
>>> code does call it (and does not require it), so maybe the solution is
>>> that the (require 'org-macs) should be added to org-agenda.el; you might
>>> try it and see whether it resolves the problem for you, but I'll let
>>> David Maus or Achim Gratz or some other macro guru have the final word.
>>>
>>> Nick
>>
>> Thank you! Unfortunately, adding (require 'org-macs) to my .emacs
>> and/or to my org-agenda.el didn't help. (I checked and the macro isn't
>> defined in my org-macs.el nor does it appear in any other file on my
>> computer.)
>>

> What does M-x org-version RET say?

It says "Org-mode version 7.7". However, I feel that there was something
strange with my installation. I checked my files in my Emacs folder and
everything seemed really messed up, so I just reinstalled org from the latest
build and now it works! I had tried that before automatically with the package
manager but now I used the package manager to install it from the file. I think
that is where the strange installation came from originally.

Nik, I hope you get it fixed as well.

Nick and David, thanks for your help!

Bastian