Re: [O] bug#9695: allowed date range

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] bug#9695: allowed date range
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 18:22:51 +0100

Hi Carsten

On Thu, Oct 13, 2011 at 10:27, Carsten Dominik
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I am attaching a patch which will make time stamps without a day name
> like <2011-10-12> work correctly.  Furthermore, pressing C-c C-c on
> a time stamp will fill in or fix the day name.
>
> However, I am not sure if this patch is complete, or if it
> has side effects.  So it would be good if a few people could
> apply it and test it during their daily work for a few weeks,
> and then report problems in this thread.

I wonder how C-c C-c with a prefix (supported are one to three C-u) on
a time stamp in a table field is expected to behave. In my opinion it
should not only adjust the day name but like before also evaluate the
table formula which it does not now. If the user does not expect and
check the missing logs of the table calculation update he might
wrongly assume that it happened and assume that there has been just no
change.

Michael