Re: [O] [test] Failure on GNU Emacs 22.3.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) of 2011-0

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: Re: [O] [test] Failure on GNU Emacs 22.3.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) of 2011-05-28 on x60s
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 10:58:11 +0000

David Maus <address@hidden> writes:

> Running the test suit on
>
> GNU Emacs 22.3.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) of 2011-05-28 on x60s
>
> currently fails with the backtrace below.
>
> Somehwere/somehow Babel ends up calling `member' with the second
> argument not being a list. In Emacs22 this triggers an error, but not
> so in Emacs23 and upwards.
>
> Devs don't consider this a bug:
>
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=264
>
> Best,
>   -- David

[...]

Hi David

I don't actually see this on my continuous test server, although I did
see regression on 29th October which appeared to be fixed the same day (
see http://martynjago.co.uk:3333/builds/org-mode_Emacs_22 ).

Personally I've pretty much given up even monitoring such things since
there seems to be such little appetite by most of the maintainers to
test anything, or even to run tests, or monitor test results. From my
experience, threads like this tend to go unanswered.

Best, Martyn