Re: [O] Bugs in lisp/ob-lilypond.el

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: Re: [O] Bugs in lisp/ob-lilypond.el
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 22:44:52 +0000

Martyn Jago <address@hidden> writes:
Hi Torsten

> Hi Torston
>
> Torsten Anders <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Also, the setting results: silent seems to be ignored.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Torsten
>>

>> On 19 Nov 2011, at 15:22, Torsten Anders wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Martyn Jago, dear all,
>>>
>>> I just pulled the latest version of Org mode and noticed a few bugs
>>> in the Lilypond support of Org babel that have not been there in the
>>> previous version (so far I was still using version 7.6).
>>>
>>> In general, there seems to be problems in parsing the line that starts
>>> #+begin_src lilypond. More specifically,
>>>
>>> - Global :noweb settings are now ignored
>>> - Any settings after the setting :file will be added to output file name!
>>> - Settings after :noweb yes cause trouble (disable this setting)
>>>

> Thanks for the heads-up Torsten - there have been many changes to the
> bare-metal Org as you probably are aware. Your observations will come in
> very useful to sort out the transition to the new improved order (which
> I am totally in favor of by the way), and the details you provide will
> prove very useful.
>
> Certainly consider checking out a `less hot' release to get working
> again ( i.e. git checkout release_7.7 ). In the mean-time I will work on
> compatibility (tomorrow hopefully) - and better regression tests.
>
> Great to hear you're making use of ob-lilypond by the way!
>
> Best, Martyn
>
>>> Again, thanks for lisp/ob-lilypond.el in the first place.

(Apologies for miss-spelling your name previously).

I'm not seeing this. I've updated my examples to embrace the standard
source block syntax, and everything seems to be working for me - which
probably means I haven't considered your use-case.

I've also moved my ob-lilypond documentation to Worg (but appear to have
broken the Worg build mechanism, so that is little help here), but it
would be useful to know if the examples at
http://github.com/mjago/ob-lilypond/examples work for you.

Some more detail would be useful - could you provide:
 -  a broken sample
 - Emacs version
 - Lilypond version?

Also are you using arrange-mode (C-h v ly-arrange-mode . Nil is no).

Regarding the `standard source block syntax', ensure that any #+srcname
or #+source commands are replaced with #+name, and update to the very
latest Org if you leave space in a `:var something = something-else'
assignment as I tend to do.

Best, Martyn

>>> http://strasheela.sourceforge.net