Re: [O] Updating Worg re standard source block syntax

From: Jason Dunsmore
Subject: Re: [O] Updating Worg re standard source block syntax
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:06:05 -0600

On Wed, Nov 23 2011, Sebastien Vauban wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Nick Dokos wrote:
>> Martyn Jago <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> There are literally hundreds of uses of #+srcname and #+source within
>>> Worg - should I be updating these to #+name ? In other words, does Worg
>>> reflect the last official release (the Emacs release), or the bleeding
>>> edge (I tend to assume the latter because of the Org community spirit of
>>> Worg), but I fail to find any specific notice regarding this.
>>>
>>> Advice would be appreciated since I've found myself appreciating, and
>>> adding to Worg more and more - and it seems to me it is a real quality of
>>> Org that Worg can exist in the first place.
>>>

>> Is there any way to find out what the org version is at the worg site?
>> This is something that I've wondered about in the past, but I keep
>> forgetting to ask the question. E.g. it would be good to know the
>> version, so when I make a change to worg content and test the change by
>> publishing the site locally, I can use the exact version that is going
>> to be used on the real site. Right now, I test with whatever version is
>> running on my machine, which can lead to false conclusions (both positive
>> and negative).
>
> IIUC, the answer is no. But the best place for such information should be in
> the output log of the publish process, that is at
> http://orgmode.org/worg/publishing.txt
>
> Adding
>
>     (message "Org-mode %s on Emacs %s." org-version emacs-version)

I added this to the new worg publishing process.  Here's an example of
what the first few lines of output will look like:

worg publish process 5432 started at 11/30/address@hidden:01:48
Org-mode 7.7 on Emacs 23.2.1.
Skipping unmodified file /home/emacs/git/worg/org-faq.org
[...]

I'll send an email to the list soon about the new worg setup.

Regards,
Jason