Re: [O] [bug] Symbol's function definition is void: org-pop-to-buffer-sa

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] Symbol's function definition is void: org-pop-to-buffer-same-window
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 10:00:41 -0500

Kenny Meyer <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am getting the same message here upon calling various org-functions
> (e.g.: org-drill, org-submit-bug-report), since I have compiled
> org-mode from git, but I am not sure where exactly the error was
> introduced.
>
> > Explicitly Loading `org-compat' does cure this problem...
> Requiring org-compat does not fix that here.
> Can you tell me where exactly you loaded org-compat?
>
> Org-mode version 7.7 (release_7.7.617.gb1f2)
> GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.2.0) of
> 2011-09-29
>
> --
> Kenny Meyer

IIRC, the cure for macro problems like this is to

      make clean
      make

(alternatively, make clean and just use uncompiled code). There might be
something missing to cause it, but I don't think so in this case: I
tried a minimal .emacs with the same version as above (Org-mode version
7.7 (release_7.7.617.gb1f2) and I can start, goto the active clock and
stop it with no errors.

Nick