Re: [O] Hang on incomplete input

From: Ken Williams
Subject: Re: [O] Hang on incomplete input
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 11:22:21 -0600

ESS is the mechanism by which org-mode interfaces with a running R process.

And I think I left out a crucial piece of information in my first message: I
run R in a session buffer, my full .org file looks like this:

###################################
#+TITLE: Test doc
#+AUTHOR: Ken Williams
#+BABEL: :session *Rt*

* My Header

Some code:

#+begin_src R
ddply(x,
#+end_src
###################################

With that change, is the hang reproducible?

> If that does not bear fruit, you can M-x toggle-debug-on-quit, run the code
> block and press C-g to get a backtrace. Rinse, repeat to see whether you
> always stop at the same point. It's somewhat hit-or-miss but it can be
> effective sometimes.

I could *SWEAR* I had tried C-g to abort the running R command (and C-c C-c,
and C-c C-g, and about a dozen other things), but couldn't get it to react.
Now it aborts as desired.  I must have not actually tried a simple C-g.  I can
never remember which keys abort which aspect of operation.

When I'm armed with that C-g, the hang is a much smaller issue!

 -Ken

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of any kind is strictly
via reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. Thank you.