Re: [O] [bug] Symbol's function definition is void: org-pop-to-buffer-sa

From: shelagh Manton
Subject: Re: [O] [bug] Symbol's function definition is void: org-pop-to-buffer-same-window
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 11:25:15 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 09:34:21 +0100, Sebastien Vauban wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Nick Dokos wrote:
>> Shelagh Manton <address@hidden>
>> wrote:

>>> Yes. I did just then and same thing.
>>
>> Do you get the error with org-drill only or do you get it in the
>> instances that Seb and Kenny Meyer report? If the former, it may be a
>> bug with org-drill. Otherwise, I throw up my hands: I certainly cannot
>> reproduce it.
>
> FYI:
>
> - I don't use .elc files.
>
> - I've recently upgraded to Emacs 24.0.91.1 on Windows -- not sure if
> the
>   problem appeared directly after, or a little bit before.
>
> - I began suspecting work that I could have done in a branch, and mixed
>   versions that way -- as I'm not yet familiar with git and switching
>   between branches.
>
> - I've deleted all my Org directory, and cloned a fresh one
>
> But it still occurs.
>
> Though:
>
> - Requiring org-compat does cure the problem.
>
> - I see calls to org-compat in every crucial Org file -- I don't
> understand
>   where it could be missing.
>
> - I still must try to dissecate my .emacs, or use a minimal Emacs config
> file
>   to see if it's reproducible that way.
>
> But I currently really have no time for spending more time on it. I hope
> to be able to do so in one week or two.
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

In the end I just found the function and pasted it into my dotemacs file.
I really need to get rid of my org-mode cruft. I have so many snippets
and configs in separate files that probably should just be done in
customize. I just don't have time to work out where all the problems are
coming from unless they are showstoppers like this one.

Cheers
Shelagh