Re: [O] The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] The Org->ODT exporter is now in Org's core (latest git)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 20:23:13 +0100

2. I see where the default styles are and I am happy with these
    generally.  However, as a libreoffice n00b, how do I create my own
    style file that would be appropriate for the ODT exporter?  It's not
    so much about the creating of style files (although help in that
    regard would not be sniffed at ;-) but about whether there is a list
    of paragraph styles that can be customised somewhere?

The easiest way is now described in the manual: write your document in Org, including all the sorts of stuff you might want to have styles for, then export it to ODT, open it in LibreOffice, and tweak the styles you find there. Because you exported it from Org, you can be sure that the styles have the names the exporter uses. You can customize any style, no limits.

LibreOffice's Styles and Formatting window is your friend (accessible from the Format menu or from an icon usually at the far left of the toolbar). It has tabbed lists of Paragraph, Character, Page, Frame and List styles. Right-click on a style to modify it.

When your LibreOffice document looks like you want it to, simply save it somewhere smart. The next time you export from Org, point org-export-odt-styles-file to that file as your style template.

hth,
Christian