Re: [O] Refresh of http://orgmode.org

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Refresh of http://orgmode.org
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 15:10:44 +0100

Hi Eric,

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Ah, I should have known to hold my tongue! :)
>
> I pushed a patch up to a new "old-image" branch in the orgweb
> repository, but it seems you've now taken care of this independently so
> please feel free to delete that branch.

Mhh..  yes, I deleted this branch.  Thanks anyway!

> One of my preferred layout looks something like the following, which can
> lead to a small windows for Firefox.
>
>     +----------------+---------------+
>     |                |               |
>     |                |               |
>     |   Firefox      |   Emacs       |
>     |                |               |
>     |                |               |
>     +----------------+---------------+
>     |             Terminal           |
>     +--------------------------------+
>
> There is a huge difference in readability between those websites which
> take variable window size into consideration and those which assume a
> large screen (or a full screen browser).  I'll take a shot at changing
> the CSS in the orgweb repository to facility smaller layouts (I guess
> some special CSS for mobile browsers may also make sense).
>
> ...looking...
>
> It looks like making the Org-mode website responsive to the viewers
> window size should be as simple as adding a couple of "@media" guards
> [1] to the css page.  I may have time to tackle this over the weekend.
> I do need some help compiling the Org-mode web page from the git
> repository.  Is there an org-mode publishing project which I should
> define locally?

I use this locally:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq org-publish-project-alist
      `(("orgweb"
         :base-directory "~/install/git/orgweb/"
         :base-extension "org"
         :publishing-directory "/srv/http/org-mode/"
         :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
         :auto-sitemap nil
         :section-numbers nil
         :table-of-contents nil
         :html-preamble ,(org-get-file-contents
"/srv/http/org-mode/preamble.html")
         :html-postamble ,(org-get-file-contents
"/srv/http/org-mode/postamble.html"))
       ("orgweb_extra"
         :base-directory "~/install/git/orgweb/"
         :base-extension "css\\|html\\|png"
         :publishing-directory "/srv/http/org-mode/"
         :publishing-function org-publish-attachment)))
#+end_src

... my web server serves web pages at "/srv/http/org-mode/".
I also have a project for the fr/ directory, very similar to
this one.

> In general how are the many file in orgweb compiled into the site?

Each time someone pushes a fix to orgweb.git, there is a hook calling
a script launching emacs in batch mode for publishing the website.  The
same way than for Worg, exactly.

HTH,

--
 Bastien