Re: [O] Bibliographic references

From: Alan L Tyree
Subject: Re: [O] Bibliographic references
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 13:31:28 +1100

On 17/12/11 12:21:42, Thomas S. Dye wrote:
> Alan L Tyree <address@hidden> writes:

> >> than
> >> html,
> html.
> >> This

> for
> >> ODT as

> >> Hi Nick,
> >>
> >> Good catch.  In principle, yes, though I've never worked with
> >> libreoffice.  We follow a similar path to produce Word versions of
> >> our
> >> documents when clients require them: Org -> LaTeX -> tex4ht ->
> html
> -
> >> >
> >> Word -> Save As -> lots of tidying by hand.  It works, but it
> isn't
> >> pretty process with our setup.  I'm sure folks on this list could
> do
> >> better, though.
> >>
> >> tex4ht has some switches that help it produce output suited for
> this
> >> path.  It was designed to be configured very extensively.
> >>
> >> What I meant earlier (but didn't express well) was that I didn't
> know
> >> if
> >> it was possible to generate bibliographies from keys in the ODT
> >> environment.  I'm guessing there must be a way to do this
> (Endnote?,
> >> Zotero?), but I haven't looked into it.
> >
> > Even though my original question was a bit ambiguous, what I meant
> was
> > generating the bibliography from keys. One org input file, output
>
> > all formats does the right thing.
> >
> > oolatex produces reasonably good OO output, including bibliography,
> so
> > the org -> LaTeX -> oolatex sequence would work, but, again, seems
> > clumsy. Particularly since Jambunathan's ODT export looks so good.
> >
> > Alan
> >

> >> Tom
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thomas S. Dye
> >> http://www.tsdye.com
> >>
> Aloha Alan,
>
> It would probably be fairly easy to add a variable such as
> org-latex-to-oo-process patterned after org-latex-to-pdf-process and
> then export to oo through oolatex directly from org-mode.  That might
> get rid of the clumsiness you're experiencing.
>
> I'm still curious how one generates a bibliography from keys in the
> ODT
> world, or if it is possible.

Er, yeah, G'day Thomas :-),

I'm actually more interested in XHTML output since my main interest is
in generating ePub books.

Org exports nicer html than LyX, but LyX's ability to deal directly
with bibtex keys when exporting to html is very nice. It means that
there is a one stop shop for print and eBooks. But I would much rather
work in emacs and org.

Cheers,
Alan

Tel:  04 2748 6206              sip:address@hidden