Re: [O] fast navigation

From: sergio
Subject: Re: [O] fast navigation
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 21:06:27 +0400

On 12/18/2011 07:54 PM, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

>> But there is a bug. It doesn't complete headline (and doesn't goto if
>> type it manually) which I stay on.

> Yeah, I think it always starts completion from the top level, no
> matter where you are. I wouldn't call it a bug, exactly -- what if you
> wanted to jump from a sublevel up to a top-level heading?
Sorry, and what if I wanted to jump from a sublevel up to a top-level
heading? May be I don't understand something or poorly described the
problem:

* a...
* b...
** d...
* c...

when cursor is on d I can't goto b/d/very/deep/path,
when cursor is on b I can't goto b/very/very/deep/path.

I think it's a bug.

> I also use the ido completion engine for org-related stuff
> (`org-completion-use-ido' set to t), which means that jumping from
> anywhere to anywhere is fairly easy. Maybe give that a shot?
I've seen this variables (org-completion-use-ido and
org-completion-iswitchb) but I haven't noticed any changes when I set
one of them to "t".

--
sergio.