Re: [O] org file for reference card?

From: Vikas Rawal
Subject: Re: [O] org file for reference card?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:18:23 +0530

> > Isn't it odd that a tex file is distributed with orgmode, a pdf and a
> > text file available on the website. Should we not have a .org version
> > of the reference card?
>
> Good idea -- can you draft something in .org and upload it to Worg?
>
>   http://orgmode.org/worg/
>
> > Can't orgmode produce the reference card pdf from a .org file?
>
> That's another story.  We cannot do this for now, but future is
> always uncertain :)

I will try to produce an org file but the real utility would be if we
could find a way to produce a pdf out it. My skills are limited and I
really do not know if there is a way to specify a template that will
export the org file with the desired layout.

The utility of an org file (against a tex or a pdf file) will be that
the org gile will allow users to to easily customise their
refcards. That is, if I am interested in a subset of commands rather
than the whole set, an org file could be easily edited and then
exported.

Wonder if it interests the community.

Vikas