Re: [O] org file for reference card?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] org file for reference card?
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:15:07 +0100

Hi Vikas,

Vikas Rawal <address@hidden> writes:

> I will try to produce an org file but the real utility would be if we
> could find a way to produce a pdf out it.

We can write a dedicated exporter for that.  Basically, it just needs to
insert a specific header (see doc/orgcard.tex) and to convert list items
into \key{...}{...} entries -- those kinds of things are now possible
with org-element.el and org-export.el.

> My skills are limited and I
> really do not know if there is a way to specify a template that will
> export the org file with the desired layout.
>
> The utility of an org file (against a tex or a pdf file) will be that
> the org gile will allow users to to easily customise their
> refcards.

Yes -- I completely agree.

> That is, if I am interested in a subset of commands rather
> than the whole set, an org file could be easily edited and then
> exported.
>
> Wonder if it interests the community.

At least I am interested :)  Having an org-clone of the Org reference
card on worg is a good start IMHO.

Thanks again!

--
 Bastien