Re: [O] Orthogonality of blocks

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [O] Orthogonality of blocks
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 00:14:18 +0000

Hi,
just want to point out, there is orgs beamer support which can easily place blocks side by side.
Worg has a tutorial about this.
Torsten

On Dec 28, 2011 8:30 AM, "Nick Dokos" <address@hidden> wrote:
Christian Moe <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 12/27/11 9:37 PM, Eric Schulte wrote:
> > Charles Turner<address@hidden>  writes:
> >
> >> Problem: I have two code blocks (#+BEGIN_SRC .. #+END) and I want to
> >> display them side by side on the page, perhaps within an org table.
> (...)
> > Note that what you describe is likely possible using the existing
> > exporter and writing some custom CSS to control how the serial content
> > is displayed on the page.  The "display" css style would be relevant
> > here.
>
> Yes,
>
>    pre.src {display: table-cell;}
>
> will do it in HTML. Full example follows below. I'll leave LaTeX to
> those in the know...

Here's one (rather less elegant than Christian's CSS magic) way
that preserves the HTML behavior:

#+author: Christian Moe
#+title: Side by side code blocks
#+style: <style>pre.src {display: table-cell;}</style>

How to say hello in two languages:

#+LaTeX: \begin{minipage}[t]{2.5in}
#+begin_src perl :results output
  # Perl
  sub say_hello {
      print "Hello, world";
  }

  say_hello;
#+end_src
#+LaTeX: \end{minipage}\begin{minipage}[t]{2.5in}
#+begin_src python :results output
  # Python
  def say_hello():
      print("Hello, world")

  say_hello()
#+end_src
#+LaTeX: \end{minipage}

Anybody for ODT? while preserving the HTML and LaTeX behavior? :-) BTW,
I use minted - I hope it works with listings but I have not tried it.

Nick