Re: [O] org-jira.el

From: Mehul Sanghvi
Subject: Re: [O] org-jira.el
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 14:49:47 -0500

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 13:36, Richard Riley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Bao,
>>
>> "Bao Haojun" <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I have implemented org-jira.el, bringing org-mode and Jira system
>>> together.
>>
>> Thanks!  I wish I could test it, but I don't have access to a Jira
>> tracking system.
>>
>>> Wrote a Wiki page for it on emacswiki:
>>> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/OrgJiraMode
>>
>> Since your org-jira.el relies on jira2.el, maybe you could rename
>> it to org-jira2.el?  Note that we have contrib/lisp/org-jira.el
>> already, avoiding names conflict would be great.
>>
>> Just a suggestion.
>>
>> All best,
>

> Adding "2" to a name leads to hellish issues in the future with regards
> to peoples understanding of which is the newest. js-mode is a great
> example of this and the numerous "2" versions lurking around.
>
> Possibly clean the code and include org-jira if possible and name it
> "jira+" or even better replace the + with something relevant to why it
> actually exists above and beyond the existing code.
>
> Just a suggestion ;)

I agree with Richard, especially with regards to js-mode.

Merging the contrib/lisp/org-jira.el with the new org-jira.el might be
a good idea
if the contrib one is just implementing a jira link.

We use Jira at my work, so when I get back to the office I plan to try out both
and see what may work.

This will be great for keeping track of issues.  I already use Emacs
to edit the confluence
wiki that we have, now I can do the same with Jira issues as well.

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: address@hidden