Re: [O] Question on LaTeX scaling of images

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] Question on LaTeX scaling of images
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 18:18:54 -0500

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> François Pinard <address@hidden> wrote:

>> P.S. Be comfortable to tell me, if you feel I'm abusing this forum
>> with questions and should rather ask elsewhere.

> Not at all - this is exactly the right place.

Wow, thanks!  You might regret having opened that door! :-)

>> [...]  through "C-c C-e d", small icon-style images meant to be
>> inlined within the text [...] are getting spurious scaled fairly big
>> in the produced PDF.

> This is probably a bug. Here is a work-around:
> #+BIND: org-export-latex-image-default-option ""

Hey hey!  This works! :-)

A consequent question, if I may.  The bottom of the image is lined up
with the baseline of the text (at first glance at least) in the produced
PDF, while in the Emacs buffer, the center of the image is, which looks
a bit nicer.  Do we have some control over this?

François

P.S. And thanks for replying.  Moreover, this was very quick! :-)